SCHEDULE OF FEES & CHARGES: LANDLORDS
Mrs Fix-It Management Ltd is a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (membership no T04983) and subscribes to the Code of Practice for Letting Agents.
A copy of the Code is available on request. www.tpos.co.uk
Level of Service Offered:
Let Only Service: 8% (plus vat)
- Advise on rent obtainable
- Advertising and marketing through our website, major property portals, relocation agent and tenant database
- Prepare tenancy documentation
- Collect and remit first month’s rent in advance, collect and protect the tenancy deposit under our membership of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (or remit deposit to Landlord’s scheme)
Let and Full Management Service: 12% (plus vat)
- Advise on rent obtainable.
- Advertising and marketing through our website, major property portals, relocation agent and tenant database.
- Prepare tenancy documentation.
- Collect and remit first month’s rent in advance, collect and protect the tenancy deposit under our membership of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (or remit deposit to Landlord’s scheme).
- Transfer of Council Tax and utility accounts at commencement and termination of tenancy.
- Collection of rent during the term and remittance to Landlord’s bank account, accounting by quarterly statement.
- Pursue any rent arrears and provide advice in the case of action for breach of tenancy.
- Arrange routine repairs (under £1000.00) and instruct approved contractors.
Additional non – optional fees and charges
- Renewal fees – fees as stated above for either service will be charged in the case of a tenancy renewal or a statutory periodic tenancy where a tenant holds over beyond the fixed term, pro rata.
- Preparation & service of tenancy documentation – £85.00 inc vat – covers the inclusion of any special clauses in the negotiated tenancy agreement, execution of the tenancy and correct service of prescribed documentation relating to the service of the Notice Seeking Possession (S.21 Notice), ie energy performance and gas safety certificates, how to rent guide and applicable hmo license under the Deregulation Act 2015.
- Reference administration charge – £42.00 inc vat per tenant/guarantor – includes obtaining financial and credit checks, right to rent checks, employer and landlord/agent references.
- Preparation of inventory and schedule of condition at the start of the tenancy and check out report on termination – these charges are raised by our appointed inventory provider and will depend on the size of property and level of contents. Please refer to the guide in the Terms of Business. By law these charges cannot be passed to the tenant. A specific quote can be provided on application.
- Tenancy Deposit registration/protection – this charge relates to the registration of the Landlord and Tenant details and protection of the security deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme:
- At start of tenancy – £00.00 inc vat – provision of Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information to tenant. It also includes negotiating with the tenant any deductions at the end of the tenancy.
- Formal Deposit Dispute – £100.00 inc vat – preparation of Dispute Response on behalf of Landlord and submission to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for dispute resolution.
- Accepting service and payment of ground rent and service charge demands – £30.00 inc vat per tenancy/tenancy renewal – payment of demands will be made from rental proceeds held on account.
- Administration/procurement of any required deed of covenant (license to sublet) – £50.00 inc vat
- Inspections during a tenancy – £50.00 inc vat – this charge will not be raised where we are instructed under the Let and Full Management Service.
- Empty/Vacant property – £90.00 inc vat per quarter – provision of management services where property is unlet in excess of one month between tenancies
- Sale of property to Tenant – 2% plus vat of sale price – includes negotiation of sale/purchase terms and instruction of solicitors (a separate agency agreement will cover the instruction in this event)
- Attendance at Court – (£90.00 inc vat/per hour) £75.00 plus vat/per hour – covers travel to and from court to provide evidence/assistance to landlord’s legal representative in any possession proceedings or action for breach of tenancy.
Please refer to Landlord’s Guide to Letting & Management of Residential Properties, Terms of Business, Fees and Expenses, where the above services and costs are explained in more detail or enquire with a member of staff.