SCHEDULE OF FEES & CHARGES: TENANTS
Mrs Fix-It Management Ltd is a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (membership no T04983)
and subscribes to the Code of Practice for Letting Agents.
A copy of the Code is available on request. www.tpos.co.uk
Under the Tenant Fees Act 2019, the tenant is obliged to pay “permitted payments” in connection with a tenancy. These are:
- The rent as set out in the tenancy agreement.
- The tenancy deposit as security for the performance of the tenant’s obligations or discharge of any liability arising under or in connection with the tenancy. Where the total annual rent is below £50,000, the tenancy deposit is capped at not more than 5 weeks’ rent, or 6 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or more.
- On making an acceptable offer to rent, a refundable holding deposit of one week’s rent, demonstrating a commitment to rent the property whilst referencing is carried out.
- In respect of late payment of rent more than 14 days overdue, interest at the rate of 3% above Bank of England’s annual percentage rate.
- Changes to the tenancy agreement (granted at the discretion of the landlord) – £50.00 inc VAT.
- Early termination of the tenancy agreement (granted at the discretion of the landlord) – the amount charged will be limited to the financial loss suffered by the landlord permitting an early termination.
- Payments for Council Tax, utility and communication services.
Please refer to Terms and Conditions of Letting: Information for Prospective Tenants for a full explanation of procedures, fees and charges.